Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Am Me, Who Are You?

With this being my first blog I owe an obligatory introduction to my future readers. However, to fully introduce myself it would require time that I don't have to write and time you don't have to read. I will still introduce myself, but I plan to to release more information as the blogs go on. 

For now, it's important to know that I am a sinner saved by grace. I love my Lord and God with all my heart. My name is Carrisa with 2 r's and 1's. I find my name reflective of my personality. Just as my name is misspelled I too am flawed. As my name is different, you will come to find I am much different than anyone else you will ever meet. But, I think my name sounds happy overall and overall my nature is happy. 

 I am 23 and will turn 24 this summer. I currently live in Cincinnati Ohio.  I am a complex person yet I am also simple. I care more than most realize and when I love a person, I love fiercely. I don't give my heart to many but the people I give my heart to, I give in its entirety. 

I do not mince words. I plan to be transparent with my readers because I think that honesty and transparency are the two things necessary when helping people. My life goal is to change the world for one person. To change the world is an outlandish dream but to change the world of one makes life worth living. 

I have struggled with many demons and yet am still blessed beyond measure. I plan on sharing my struggles with my readers with the hope that I will be able to take the lessons I've learned and share them with anyone struggling with the same issues. I will use discretion while sharing the information you need to know to help you through a difficult situation. 

Currently, I am right smack dab in the middle of depression. I'm in one of the darkest times of my adult life. I find my moods and my struggles harder to deal with everyday. I am fighting off demons I've lived with my entire life and plan to finally conquer which is why I feel now is the right time to write.  

I believe the Lord will use this time to make something beautiful come out of my life. I trust He will do this. I want you to experience this stage of my life so you can see the process of how He works in peoples lives. So you can see that God is good and worth trusting. 

If you don't trust God yet, I understand. I just ask you don't tune me out and give Him a shot. I promise to never judge or harass anyone for not sharing the same beliefs.  Watch my journey and when it's all said and done if you still don't believe then I won't bother you again. But, I will pray for you and I will love you. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your idea of a blog is a good one. I can't quote many bible verses, but this one has always stuck with me...."And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! I used to be able to quote more than I currently can but I do plan on using many more in my posts to come. I know what verse you're speaking of but I can't remember where it is. But I like it all the same. :)

    ReplyDelete